Absolutely Fabulous Season Six Fashion Re-cap

I love Absolutely Fabulous. When I was a teenager I used to record every episode on to video cassette (I'm old) and watch them religiously and marvelling at the clothes. Every time Edina dropped a fashion name like Christian Lacroix, Nicole Farhi or Moschino I had no idea who or what she was talking about. Now that I'm somewhat wiser most of the fashion brands featured in the series make it even funnier. 

So now there's season six. I don't know if it really counts as a season being only 3 episodes though but I and many other gays around the globe are like yeah drugs booze fashion. 

So far the first two episodes have aired and I have not been able to pick out what Edina (or Patsy, Bubble, Catriona etc) is wearing. So I'm putting a giant pink distress signal out on the web to all fashion geeks to help fill the gaps and tell me what these icons are wearing. Help a bitch out.

 Above: Classic 80's Frankie Says Relax t-shirt. Eddie later wears a Choose Life t-shirt as well

 Above: Denim on denim is quite on-trend.

Left: Celine Spring/Summer 2011. Right: Stella McCartney Spring/Summer 2011



 Above: Pats, no! And Eddie wearing what? Vintage Issey Miyake? 

 Above: Patsy gives the shoulder cut-outs a go. Very Balenciaga fall 2008.







Above: This is the only look I could work out thanks to the fact that Eddie's jersey dress is printed with the label: Bodymap (that's right, vintage Bodymap WITH hat. Flawless. And on the right we have Pats in a Chanel tweed jacket. 

2 comments:

jazz fututa sum hic said...

yesyesyesyesyes

Allison said...

It's so funny to rewatch shows from your youth & feel inspired by them! That happened when I watched Daria, even if it was animated. :)

Post a Comment