Giambattista Valli

I've never been interested in Giambattista Valli. His work has always felt too fussy to me and not very I don't know. His work has never caught my attention. His work is in line with that of say Valentino, Jason Wu or Oscar De La Renta. That is to say, someone who designs for the ladies who lunch set. But my lack of knowledge of his work is why I don't appreciate it but with this being his first haute couture collection I was curious to see what he'd come up with. I loved it. Not all of it but a lot of it. It was what you'd expect from a couture show in a traditional sense. Lots of bead work, feathers, ruffles, pearls, lace. All that jazz. My favourite look was the white shirt with tweed (I think) pencil skirt. It was designed to look as though the shirt was peeking out from the hem of the skirt. It was just so fucking smart and sharp and sexy. It was perfect. And the capes were cool. At first I thought they were a bit too much but then I'm like, no, the Dior caftans were too much. Joan Smalls in a black dress with white cape is not too much. If I could wear that look it would be at the airport walking to the gate, boarding a plane.



Joan Smalls is the baddest bitch on the runway

0 comments:

Post a Comment