Rodarte Spring Summer 2012





The peplums from last summer reappeared as did the midriff cutouts. I think I've mentioned before that it's great to see a designer telling a story that continues where it left off each season. It seems a more realistic view of fashion instead of a radical new look each season.
This time around their skirts curved to expose the leg. Sexy.Apparently Vincent van Gough's Starry Night and Sunflowers were an inspiration. I’m sure there’s some J-Horror, 80’s TV movie, Virgin Suicides that inspired this but I don’t see it. I see Starry Night and Sunflowers. The tiered dresses were a bit blargh but they reinterpreted those swirling clouds from Starry Night in a beautiful blue silk dress with a sheer black net overlay with sequins. Breathtaking (said in the voice of Oprah). Oh and the knitwear was really well done too. Loved. Unfortunately the collection was repetitive and I'm not totally falling in love with the colours but they might grow on me. This is not their strongest season but it was still beautiful and far more interesting than what else has been on show this season.

0 comments:

Post a Comment