Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty
















zomg. This is going to be the best Met exhibition ever. It's a shame I live on the other side of the world and will never get to see it. I crey. Do u crey? It opens on May 4th and runs until July 31st so if you're in New York or near the United States then you must see this exhibition. Fly my pretties, fly!


But for all those who can't make it you can get the book which looks amazing. I was looking at the images above and was like those are some pretty real mannequins. That's because they ARE! 


The photographs by Sølve Sundsbø of collections as diverse as 'Dante', 'Highland Rape', 'Jungle', 'The Birds', and 'Plato's Atlantis', appear to have been shot on mannequins. But, perversely, they were actually photographed on models, the images then being re-touched so they 'looked' like mannequins, the object being to blend both the movement of an editorial shoot with the authority of a museum catalogue.
[Telegraph]


What a great idea but I think we need to give credit where's it due wouldn't you agree Mr Sundsbø?


Yes that's Kim Cattrall. I know right?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment