2010 Fashionings of note (that makes no sense but I didn’t want to say milestones or high points coz I’m throwing in low points and I thought I’d combine fashion and musings into one word. You feelin’ my genius right now? Probs not.




Firstly I hope you had a great new years. I sprawled out on my friends couch in my Kate Moss t-shirt and drank booze till the wee hours. The next day I hid in my flat until sundown then made a hasty trip to McDonalds veiled by darkness. The shame.

This is my year end round up of things that were of note for 2010. A little book-end to a year of blogging if you will.



Alexander McQueen commits suicide. A true fashion genius gone.



Sarah Burton debuts at McQueen. She did a resort collection that was well received but Spring Summer 2011 was her first fully fledged collection. Everyone heaved a huge sigh of relief that the house of McQueen has been left in capable hands. Burton wants to move away from McQueen's theatrics and her designs will be softer, with less angst. Take that as you will.



Gareth Pugh opens first store in Hong Kong. Not a major news item but a great indicator of how far Pugh has come in such a short time. Interesting that Hong Kong was chosen over Shanghai or Beijing. Everyone in luxury fashion is all about the mainland right now. Maybe in a few years time?



Carine Roitfeld resigns/got fired/was asked to leave French Vogue. After 10 years of pushing boundaries Roitfeld’s image is tarnished by being banned from all Balenciaga shows and rumours of consulting for Max Mara. Apparently she lent out Balenciaga clothes to Max Mara. That's so not fashion C-Roit.

Also, Russian Vogue's Aliona Doletskaya steps down as editor in chief, Sally Singer runs from American Vogue and becomes editor-in-chief of T Magazine and Stefano Tonchi leaves T Magazine for W.
Aliona
Singer
Tonchi


Tom Ford is back. 



Mary Katrantzou. Getting rave reviews for her stunning Home and Garden printed dresses.



Photographer Corrine Day passes away. 


The bride wore Givenchy. Lara Stone got married. Aww.

But I much prefer what she wore to the reception. Super short and shiny Givenchy.


So roll on 2011. And while you're at it, make some resolutions like Chloe Seven-yee

0 comments:

Post a Comment