Givenchy Spring Summer 2011

Vogue Gallery
Layers, layers, layers. I love it

Vogue Gallery

Vogue Gallery

This is a nice continuation from the last couture collection

Vogue Gallery

Vogue Gallery
Hey daddy bear


I don’t feel this was his best work but it was still a beautifully gothic spring collection.
I think the collection could’ve done without the gay bondage touches, the press studs and the sports mesh. It looked outdated and felt more like a reflection of his taste in men rather than fashion.
The zippers were a nice touch and a continuation of what was shown for the couture show but it became tedious after the first ten looks and I also promised myself to put any designer on my strike list who did exposed zippers for Spring. I love how he used the zips to reposition the waist, dropping it ever so slightly making a languid silhouette.
The layering was also beautifully done, particularly on the opening look.

0 comments:

Post a Comment