Strike List

Fashion week is fast approaching. It’s the calm before the storm. I'm no trend forecaster but I'm already thinking about what might appear on the catwalk. Countless designers will be playing catch up with Phoebe Philo’s new minimalism and I'm kinda dreading it because it’s like, you’re wasting your time. She got in first. Let it go and find something new. I’m predicting some collections will have at least one item in camel and a pared down handbag.
There will definitely be less bling too. There better be because I’m making a strike list. My strike list will be for designers who show crap and need to be called out for it.


My strike list so far consists of the following fashion no no’s…
Studs- It’s sooooo over. Everything imaginable has been studded for the past few seasons and it’s buh-boring.

Exposed zippers: The only designers exempt from this are Japanese avant garde weirdos like CDG etc and Alber Elbaz at Lanvin coz that’s their thing. Anyone else? Strike bitch!!!


Gaga: This is for anyone that designs anything with Lady Gaga in mind in the hope that she’ll wear it. It’s like, hey I’ll design a studded biker jacket and pair it with a lycra bodysuit. Oh what? Lady Gaga wants to borrow my clothes? Why sure! That’s another strike bitch or if this was an episode of 30 Rock, S to the D shut it down dealbreaker.


Plus size attention seekers: Get attention for doing a great collection not because it was worn by plus size models.

I will add to this list as I see fit, being completely irrational and totally biased.

0 comments:

Post a Comment