Ungaro Owner Scouting For New Designer

Above: I love Google.

Emanuel Ungaro ditched artistic adviser Lindsay Lohan after a well predicted disastrous first collection last October but now it would seem they're scouting for a new head designer. Since the founder retired in 2004 there's been countless designers hired and fired.

The owner-Asim Abdullah and his management team were spotted having lunch on Friday with English designer Giles Deacon at Le Relais Plaza on the Avenue Montaigne.

Ungaro has declined comment and Deacon could not be reached for comment (not by me, by WWD-duh).

I only feel bad for Estrella Archs, the current head designer because it must have been unbearable to work with with that mangy trail of cat sick Lohan. I mean, the bitch put pasties on the runway. However, Archs has had one season under her belt without the input of Lohan and it was still kinda shit. It lacked energy, vibrancy and French sex.

Abdullah has said his goal is to make the loss-making firm “sustainable” by 2011. Honestly, as much as I love Giles I just don't think he'll do anything for the brand. They need hype, not British quirk. Can you imagine if Alexander Wang or Proenza Schouler were hired? They might be totes wrong for the brand but they'd have editors clamoring. [WWD]

So I went to a strip club in LA and the strippers wore pasties and I was like that's so hot. So um yeah, that was my inspiration. You got any blow?-Lindsay Lohan

0 comments:

Post a Comment